We are committed to the protection of your privacy while you use the Services and access the Services.
WHO ARE WE AND HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
We are, as stated above, Dockd LLC. We collect and process your Personal Data, as well as manage our third-party service providers that additionally process your Personal Data.
The best way to contact us is through via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also reach us as follows:
195 Mount Harmony Road
Bernardsville, NJ 07924
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services. We use this information to, among other things, provide the functionality and improve the quality of our Services and personalize your experience. For example, we may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number (including your mobile phone number), survey responses, demographics, current and prior Dockd reservation details, favorite boating locations, and other information you provide on our Services. For certain portions of our Services, credit or debit card account information may be required and will be shared with our third party payment processors, as further described in the section called “Information Shared With Payment Processors” below. We may also obtain information from other sources, such as third-party websites, applications, and services (each, a “Third-Party Platform”), through which you connect with our Sites and combine that with information we collect on our Sites.
For example, if you register to use the Services, you’ll be required to upload a profile photo, as well as a photo of your government ID. We do this to ensure all users are over the age of 18 and to verify identifity. Only your first name and photo will be displayed publicly, however. You can also register through Facebook. Dockd will receive general profile information from Facebook, such as your first name, last name, email address and any public information you’ve made available, such as your gender, age, birthday, friends list and public photos. Dockd may not utilize this Personal Data, and only receives it through Facebook for the purposes of your registration to provide the Services to you. By registering with us, we’ll be able to better serve you, and provide a more personalized user experience for you each time that you visit us.
When you visit our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Website, we may automatically collect your location, computer operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Website. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as:
Web Beacons. We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Websites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and to tell whether you open an email and act upon it.
Do-Not-Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Website.
Log data: When you use the Dockd Services we collect certain information (often called “log data” or “log information” – the same information that most websites and applications log when they are accessed). This information usually includes the browser type you used, your Internet Protocol (“IP) address, your operating system, the date and time of day, the language you use, and any referring websites. We may log this information for internal business purposes. For example, this log information helps us determine how well our Services are working so that we can continually improve the quality of the Services. The log information is also important for security, audit, quality improvement, and other internal business purposes.
Personal data that we combine or aggregate: We may combine or aggregate some of your Personal Data with non-personal data collected from you. While the non-personal data may already be completely anonymous, we may take the extra step of ensuring the data undergoes anonymization or pseudonymization. Either way, this non-personal data may be stored in the same location or used in conjunction with your Personal Data. In case the aggregation of your Personal Data and non-personal data allows us to identify you, we will handle such aggregated information as Personal Data.
We combine or aggregate data in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update the Services for your and other consumers’ use.
- make and change your bookings made through our Services;
- operate and improve our Services, products, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance, personalize, and customize your experience and enjoyment using our Services and products;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Dockd, and affiliates;
- contact with during and/or after you utilize our Services to book a Host Service, to get feedback on your experience; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
By providing your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive direct dial calls and text messages from us relating to our and Services at that number.
Dockd may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
We respect data minimization principles, which means we only collect the minimal amount of Personal Data required for legitimate business purposes, including providing the Dockd Services to you.
In other words, we need the Personal Data that we do to effectively run our business and we don’t collect more than is necessary. The Personal Data you provide to us voluntarily (such as through account creation, use, and communication with us) is up to you. That said, we may still process automatic Personal Data, such as that received through cookies or other sources, regardless of how you interact with Dockd.
Information Shared with Hosts
Before you book a Host Service through the Services, you may contact us with any questions at email@example.com. We will not share any of your Personal Data with any Host until you have booked a Host Service (as defined in our Terms of Service).
When you book a Host Service through a Listing on our Services, your information (including your name, phone number, email address, and boat and/or watercraft information) is provided to us and to the Host with whom you choose to make a booking. In order to facilitate your booking, your information is provided to that Host, just as it would if you made a reservation by contacting the Host directly. If you provide a mobile phone number, Hosts may send you text messages regarding your reservation.
Information you choose to share with a Host when you make a booking may be used by the Host for its own purposes. Dockd does not control and is not responsible for, the privacy practices of Hosts. Please contact the Host directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices, as applicable.
Information Shared with Guests and Other Users
If you utilize our Services as a Host to submit a Listing for Host Services, any information you choose to submit about yourself or your Host Services as a Listing will be shared with Guests and Users of our Services. This information will include your specific location information which is required to create a Listing. The Listings you create will be viewable by the public, to both registered and unregistered Users, through our Services. We share your Listings so that Guests may find you and your Listing and book your Host Services if they so desire. By utilizing our Services, you specifically acknowledge and agree that any information, including your Personal Information, you submit in a Listing for your Host Services will be shared publicly through our Services.
If you have otherwise provided specific contact information (e.g., your phone number or email address) outside of a Listing, we will not share any of that Personal Data with a Guest before you accept a booking request through the Services, and you may contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org before accepting a request. After you accept a booking request, we will share the contact information you have provided about yourself and your Host Services and you understand that the Guest may contact you directly.
Information shared with a Guest when you accept a booking may be used by the Guest for their own purposes. If you provide a mobile phone number, Hosts may send you text messages regarding your reservation. Dockd does not control and is not responsible for, the privacy practices of Guests. Please contact the Guests directly if you want to learn more.
Information Shared with Third Party Service Providers
We use third party service providers (those “data processors” we mentioned earlier) to help us operate the Services. The third party service providers that we use help run the business, so your data will pass through them, but we don’t provide your Personal Data (or any personally identifying information) for intentional access (like for marketing list purposes, for example) to anyone.
You may find our Services advertised on third party websites, mobile applications, and services. If you click on one of those advertisements and become a user of our Services, an anonymized device identifier may be shared with the advertiser to verify the installation and assist with our tracking.
For the third parties that we utilize who also process your Personal Data, we have appropriate security and contractual measures (like encryption and data processing agreements) to ensure that your Personal Data always gets treated in compliance with the policies laid out here as well as applicable law.
The specific third party service providers we currently use are as follows:
- GoDaddy.com (web hosting)
- Amazon Web Services DynamoDB (data storage and security)
- Stripe (payment processing)
Information Shared with Payment Processors
In regards to our third party payment processor (Stripe), by submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Services, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with our third-party payment processors, and you further agree to the following terms.
Other Information Disclosures
In certain cases, we may have to disclose your Personal Data to third parties outside those above. We limit that disclosure to the following circumstances:
- To satisfy any local, state, or Federal laws or regulations;
- To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies;
- In the case of any business transfer, sale, or transfer of assets of Dockd (we’ll notify you if this happens);
- To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users; or
- If we suspect any fraudulent activity on the Services.
We may also share anonymized information with affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties, but we will ensure that Personal Data cannot identify you in any way nor will it be stored with any data that can.
Information Shared with Your Consent
Otherwise, if we get your explicit, unambiguous, and prior consent to share your Personal Data with anyone, we’ll do so.
Currently, we do not heavily utilize direct marketing or marketing from third parties. However, in the future we may send you marketing communications, such as newsletters and brochures, but only after we obtain your explicit consent. In other words, we’re never going to automatically add you to a mailing list or other marketing communication list – we’ll specifically ask you to opt-in to the communications you want to receive.
If you do consent to receive marketing communications through your affirmative opt-in, you’ll be receiving things like newsletters, targeted campaigns, and offerings of new products, Services, promotions or recommendations from us and our affiliates and subsidiaries. We also may send you push notifications to your mobile device if you’ve consented to do so.
Even if you do want to get marketing messages from us, you’ll be able to revoke your consent at any time. You can do so for push notifications by deactivating the notification permissions on your mobile device. You can do so for other marketing communications by
- Clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in each marketing email sent to you, exclusive of the initial welcome email requesting “opt-in” for such communications;
- Sending an email to email@example.com.
We’ll take you off our marketing list as soon as we can.
- Personal Data Storage: We only store your Personal Data as long as it is necessary for providing you with the Services or until you stop using our Services and request deletion of your data. We may also store your Personal Data for any applicable legal record-keeping, including after the closure of your account for legitimate business purposes (e.g., maintaining our records, enforcing our Terms of Service, or otherwise maintaining the safety and security of Dockd for a time period permitted by applicable law).
- Personal Data Protection: We employ organizational and technical security measures to protect your Personal Data, such as limiting access to your Personal Data, secured networks, and encryption.
We also use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction by utilizing practices that are consistent with standards in the industry to protect your privacy.
Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the Internet or the electronic storage of data is completely secure, no matter what reasonable security measures are taken. Although we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously, and we take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data, we cannot be responsible for data breaches that occur outside of our reasonable control. We will, however, follow all applicable laws in the event a data breach occurs, including taking reasonable measures to mitigate any harm as well as notifying you of such breaches as soon as possible, but in no event, later than two weeks time.
- Payment Information: When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Services or through our Services, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). To be clear, Dockd does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Dockd or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your payment information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your username, password, or other security information for your Dockd account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your username and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
By using the Services, you can exercise the following rights:
- REFUSING TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA: The voluntary Personal Data you provide to us is an integral part of your use of the Services. You can choose to forego the provision of that data, but you will be restricted from using our Services, as we cannot book a Host Service without providing your information to either a Host or a Guest, as applicable.
- WITHDRAWING CONSENT: You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please be advised, as above, that you will be restricted from using the Dockd Services. We may request identity verification to ensure we are interacting with the correct data subject.
- ACCESSING, OBTAINING, MODIFYING, AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA: Through your use of the Services, you can access and amend your own data at any time by looking at your history in your account, but please be advised that we will keep information obtained through Facebook registration unless specifically requested to delete it. To amend or delete your personal information, you can also submit a customer service request via email at email@example.com. We will seek to respond to your request within a reasonable time.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of Dockd that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are based in the United States. In other words, your Personal Data may be transferred from the location in which you reside to our physical location in the United States. It may also be transferred to third parties, as described above, located in the United States. The risks of transferring data outside of your jurisdiction to the United States include the possibility of data breaches and loss, but we maintain industry standards to protect your Personal Data as much as possible.
We do not allow use of the Services or any of our Services by users under the age of 18 (eighteen). As such, we don’t collect, store, or otherwise use any Personal Data from any minors under 18. If you are a parent or guardian, and you learn that your children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us immediately. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will immediately take steps to remove that information from our servers.